The Phoenix Flyer: St. Thomas More School Newsletter
September 5-8, 2023
First Week Pictures
Dates to Remember
9/7 New Parent Orientation, 5:30-7:00
9/8 Blue Friday (see below)
9/14 Parent Club Meeting, 8:30 in the Renggli Room
9/14 Curriculum Night, 6:15 (Mandatory Meeting)
9/29 Teacher Inservice, 12:00 Noon dismissal
Please join us in supporting the Seahawks by participating in Blue Friday! Wear your Seahawks jerseys, t-shirt, or a blue shirt with your uniform bottoms. Our Blue Friday dates are:
Friday, 9/8 is the last day to turn in your Summer Read-Oh cards for a prize.
Local Area Events
Check back in this space for local area events.
Please join us for our first Parent Club meeting on Thursday, September 14, 8:30am in the Renggli Room.
Speech Team will start Thursday 9/14 for grades 6-8.
Speech Team is an optional extracurricular activity meeting in the library every Thursday from 3-4. Students prepare and practice speeches for tournaments at Archbishop Murphy High School, Bishop Blanchet, and Seattle Prep where they compete against other middle school students from area schools. Contact Miss Watters at Tessa.Watters@stms.org for more information.
Check your email inboxes for a few details about this year’s Scrip Program.
Here is where and when you can buy Scrip:
✨️In the timed parking lot-
✨️In the Breezeway-
Sundays (every other; 9/17, 10/1, etc) 930am-1030am
✨️Anytime, via the Raise Right app.
Questions, Comments, Concerns? Contact Your Scrip Admin Team:
-Gemma Ardiente (ordering & inventory)
– Rachel Rogers (bookkeeping)
-Therese Sarr (volunteer selling coordinator)
-Nick Golla (communications)
Parents who wish to volunteer will need to be current on their Virtus Training, Protecting God’s Children and complete the Volunteer Handbook acknowledgement form.
Online sessions are also available in English and Spanish. Visit Virtusonline.org and click on the Current Registration tab. Trainings are good for 3 years. If you need to renew your status, you can do so online at Virtusonline.org.
For information on how to create your profile and register for a class, please click on the link below and look for the Registration Guide under Adult Employee Information and Resources, or contact Heather Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (425) 743-4242.
Guidelines for COVID, Flu and RSV
St. Thomas More School is following the COVID guidelines published by the Washington State Department of Health and the Snohomish Health District*.
The Snohomish Health District has recently revised their guidelines. The link to the guidelines can be found below:
Important Updates to STMS Guidelines
- If your child tests positive, the quarantine period is 5-10 days. If after 5 days, your child is symptom free and has not had a fever within the last 24 hours, he/she may return to school and will need to remain masked through day 10.
- Day 0 is the first day of the onset of symptoms, or if asymptomatic, the first day of the positive test.
- If your child was previously asymptomatic before testing positive, but starts to exhibit symptoms after testing, day 0 is the first day of symptoms (the 5-day count starts over).
- Siblings of a child who test positive, or if a child is exposed to someone else in the home who tests positive, may return to school as long as there are no COVID-19 symptoms and remain masked through day 10 of exposure of anyone in the household testing positive for COVID.
- If your child exhibits symptoms of illness at school, they will be asked to wear a mask, and we will call home. We have COVID-19 testing available at school – please email or call the office if you would like your child tested.
If students have active symptoms from any respiratory infections and/or have a fever, they should not come to school.
*If you have any questions regarding STMS guidelines, please contact the school office at (425) 743-4242. Please note that although STMS guidelines are based on the Washington State Department of Health and the Snohomish County Health District, we reserve the right to add extra precautions.